Thank you for your interest in employment with Donnard’s. Our sales people MUST HAVE exceptional customer service skills! Also, successful candidates must be friendly, dynamic, fast thinking, able to multi-task and display the ability to think on your feet!
In addition, you should possess and demonstrate the following:
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs;
- Open and close cash registers,
- perform tasks such as counting money,
- separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits;
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices;
- Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment;
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations;
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires;
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise;
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers;
- Ticket, arrange and display merchandise to promote sales;
- Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise;
- Clean shelves, counters, and tables;
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns;
- Bag or package purchases, and wrap gifts;
- Help customers try on or fit merchandise;
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock;
- Prepare merchandise for purchase.
If this describes you, we welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss employment. Start by filling in and submitting the application below! We’re eager to hear from you!